Jan 29, 2009

Tika Tok/ Questionaut tools

Hey!  Here is some of what I found about the Tika Tok tool and the Questionaut tool.

Tika Tok(www.tikatok.com) was a book creation site that looked more appropriate for primary classrooms than intermediate.  You can write and illustrate kid stories.  Then they "publish" the book.  It looks like you can even purchase the published book if you or parents want.

Questionaut (www.bbc.co.uk/schools/ks2bitesize/games/questionaut)is a BBC site that has activities and teacher guides and more for reading, math, and science.  You can link the activities to a blog.  I have used the nonfiction activity with my class under the reading link.  They liked creating the stories with a title, text, and picture.  There is a quiz you could give, too.  I did not use the quiz.  I would use this again. 

Hope this helps.

Kelly

No comments: