1st : Why Integrate Technology?
The face of education is changing...traditional education does not apply to future citizens. There is an immense disconnect between what educators and students believe is happening on this front.
Industry has collaborated with education
- The outcome: 21st Century Learning Skills
- Framework for 21st Century Learning
- Montana Information Literacy & Technology Standards
- BPS Technology Integration Guidelines
2nd: How Do We Integrate Technology?
- Putting technology into the hands of teachers or students is not enough.
- Using Research-Based Approaches - Classroom Instruction that Works
- Don't ask how can I use technology. Ask what tool best fits this lesson.
3rd: The Change is Happening. Look Around You
- Teacher Blogs
- Wiki Projects
- Video Conferencing
- Other Web 2.0 Tools
Resources For You:
Resources for Different Classrooms/Grades
TILT Teachers - please feel free to add more ideas and resources for these future teachers!